Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Checklist

Mom and Dad set to house-sit and bird-sit - Check!

Meal plans and grocery list written out - Check!

To-dos of phone calls to make before we leave and last minute chores to be taken care of, all down in writing - Check!

In the process of doing laundry and starting to sort for packing - Check!

Printing off paperwork for RV rental insurance - Check!

Medical supplies and IV schedule all in place to hopefully avoid any unplanned trips to away-from-home medical care - Check!

Kids ahead in school work and homeschool supplies ready for the road - Check!


Rick asked yesterday if I'm excited about the trip. (Usually I'm really chattery about things I'm looking forward to, and I guess I've been pretty quiet about next week's plans.) It really hit me that I am very excited, just have been putting my thoughts down here rather than actually talking about the trip so much.

With the medical elements added to the planning, I've been a little nervous too, but I am ever-so-thankful for our family to have this chance and will be excited to have all the packing and prep finished up and actually get out on the road together. :) It could be pretty chilly on the coast and in the 90s in the central valley, so we'll need everything from shorts and swimsuits to sweatshirts and footed jammies. We plan to eat out at least once or twice on the trip (who could go to Monterey and not enjoy fresh sea food?) but our home freezer's been stocked with easily reheated foods as I've made extra batches of homecooked meals the last few weeks, and a trip to Sam's club will take care of the rest, so mealtimes should be easy, affordable and stress-free.

Yes, I am excited!!! We'll be picking up the RV in about 96 hours now!

3 comments:

  1. Other things for the checklist: lantern, flashlights, marshmallows, charcoal, lighter fluid, matches, plates, napkins, utensils, tool box with a few tools, blankets, firewood for bonfires, coat hangers to roast marshmallows, cards for card games.
    From your friendly neighborhood pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawson! Had some of that on the list, but definately was missing a few items. We've never been camping in 17 years of marriage, so I need all the help I can get! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a GREAT time! A fun thing to do around the bonfire is to cook a hard boiled egg. Just put the egg in a paper cup, add water, and put the cup right into the red coals. Let it sit in there for around 10 minutes. The water will boil, but the cup won't burn. The kids and I loved doing our eggs this way. :)

    ReplyDelete